Friday 7 August 2009

SHADOW, Attempt 1

I actually have a more elaborate idea for this month's freewriting, and I will probably write that sometime in future.

However, I also could not resist this little story, and so, hope you enjoy it.

A MOST PECULIAR CASE

A man steps into a doctor's office.

"Doc, doc, you have to help me!" he begs. "I have a problem, and I don't know who else to turn to!"

"Whats wrong?" the doctor asks.

"Ïts my shadow! It's acting weird!"

"But thats impossible! In what way is it acting weird?"

"It seems to have a life of its own!" the man cries.

"Tell me about this."

"Well, once, I was standing at a bus stop, and my shadow was doing something different from what I was doing! I was just standing, but my shadow..it was kneeling! It looked as though it was tied up, and there was something in its mouth!"

"Really?" the doctor is amazed.

"Another time, I was lying on my bed, and my shadow was different again! It looked as though it was tied to the bed with rope, and struggling vigorously!"

The doctor makes some notes.

"And worst of all was the time I was at this restaurant, on a date with this girl I had just met. Everything went well, until the girl noticed our shadows on the wall at the restaurant. My shadow seemed to be carrying a whip, and was whipping away at her shadow! The date ended in disaster!"

"I see," said the docotr.

"So, whats wrong, with me, doc? Can I be cured?"

"Its difficult to say," the doctor replied. "I'm writing you a prescription to go see a sex therapist."

"A sex therapist? But why?"

"You've got the worst case of shadow-masochism I've ever seen!

END

2 comments:

realhumangirl said...

oh god, hilarious.

siehjin said...

lol... shadow-masochism, good one. =)